Monday, September 17, 2007

Right Career Path

The right career path is like a dusty road for me... full of obstacles. I've been working for almost 2 years and yet, I can't say I'm happy with my job. Few years ago, I set my goals... I would be one of the best network & database administrators in the IT industry, I told myself. The dream was high, I know... but for me, it's a goal that I must reach.

To reach them, I need to strive more... strive more that I wanted to learn more as much as I can... I took the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) exam when I was in 2nd yr college and passed it. I started to invest in books and tried to read topics that would help me improve myself. After the graduation, I took the Oracle DBA training to specialize more in the database administration. Little by little, I was reaching for my dream, I thought.

I started working for the first time as a Jr. Systems Analyst/Programmer. I was just a fresh graduate and looking for an admin job was pretty hard for a girl like me. I remember that I was so excited at that time.

It was mid of December 2005 when it all began... when I stepped out to the real world, the industry... I was assigned to the technical support team while I'm also a web designer/developer. There, I understand the difference of school from work... of thesis from work projects... of professors from my boss... of classmates from officemates... of being a student from being an employee...

It was a difficult struggle... I needed to focus on my job while I'm having problems with my personal life. I needed to learn how to be a mature & professional person in order for me to survive...

Now, I'm still reaching for my dream... and I hope to see the light beyond the darkness...



No comments: