Last month, our office's internet connectivity was down for 1 week and our work was affected. I got dismayed with Globe and PLDT customer service as the support came too late. Internet has been quite a necessity in my everyday life so I came up with an alternative solution - using my 3G mobile phone as a modem.
Luckily, Globe also offers competitive connectivity rates such as Smart for Php10.00/30 mins. Just switch from per KB charging rate (the default) to time based charging rate by texting TIME to 1111 and you would be receiving the confirmation within an hour. You are now ready to surf!
Overview of Sony Ericsson K610i Phone
A compact classic
Slim, elegant, with a back-lit keypad and large screen; you can access the most used functions in one or two steps and talk and surf at the same time.
Big on business
Push email and PC synchronisation ensure you’re always on top of things; and it’s a high-speed modem to connect your PC to the Internet on the go.
Enjoy the small world
News and events are at your fingertips with RSS feeds, and you’ve got music, video and games to entertain you in flight or when you deserve a break.
Size does matter
One of the smallest 3G phones available, it’s packed with powerful features including a discreet quality camera and always-on, high speed Internet.
Getting ready to surf the Internet
- Connect the mobile phone to the PC thru USB cable provided with the unit.
- Choose Phone Mode when prompted in the mobile phone screen.
- Open Sony Ericsson PC Suite 3.1 and phone would be detected as modem.
- PC Suite would be in phone mode and screen would be shown like in the figure below.
- Click Internet Connection and this screen would be shown.
- Click connect and the phone modem would establish connection.
- When connection is estbalished, this screen would be displayed.
Voila! You can now enjoy surfing the internet. =) An alternative way of connecting to the internet - the mobile way. ^_~